I'd say, "There's nothing worse than being hungry on a flight and not having healthy food choices." But the truth is, there is so much more that is worse than that. Most of us don't know the real feeling of "there's nothing worse than...".
Unfortunately some of us do know that feeling.
My heart goes out to the residents of San Fransisco's wine country, there are thousands there that are feeling what beyond BAD is. So many of us in the Bay Area are trying to understand but really can't wrap our heads around it.
So this is a blog post about how to eat well when you are waiting for a flight in terminal 2. While important for your health not, it's not going to change the world; not even one salad at a time.
Remember, you can always fix what you ate by eating better on your next meal. However, if you go to The Plant Cafe in terminal 2 at the SFO airport, you'll have a healthy meal.
Today I had the Avocado Grapefruit Salad with chicken.
What I like about it:
1. It's organic
2. I have a huge amount of arugula; much more nutrient dense than a more watery lettuce.
3. You can order it vegan or with chicken.
4. The dressing is creamy and has good fat from macadamia nuts without containing dairy.
5. The entire salad fits my basic criteria: no wheat, no sugar, no dairy.
6. Super crunchy macadamia nut bits!
7. 100% healthy fat from avocados (that are nice and green, not brown.)
(I also like my persona contribution of Trader Joe's plantain chips.)
What I don't like about it:
1. The dressing has canola oil instead of olive oil.
I am certain they could make it with olive oil and they should. Or they could leave the oil out all together and add a little water when they blend it. The macadamia nuts have enough fat and they would emulsify with the water to make a creamy dressing.
What healthy choices have you found at the airport??? Any? Comment below, please.