3 T. avocado oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic, pressed *
1 C. diced white or yellow onion *
8 C. shredded or chopped cabbage
2 C. shredded carrots
1 t.-1T. Fish sauce *
2 T. sesame oil*
4 T. coconut Aminos
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
2 t. Trader Joe’s ginger paste
1 T. Trader Joe’s red chili sauce *
1 T. rice wine vinegar + 1 T sesame oil
4 T. sesame seeds *
3 green onions, sliced diagonally *
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 T. avocado oil.
2. Add the garlic, onion and salt pepper. Sauté until the onions are clear being careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Add the cabbage and shredded carrots. As cabbage is cooking, add: salt and pepper, sesame oil, coconut aminos and fish sauce. Cook until the cabbage is wilted but still has a crunch, 5 minutes should be enough. Remove this mixture from the skillet.
4. Add the ground meat and as it’s browning add: ginger paste, salt, pepper and red chili sauce. Cook chicken through.
5. Whisk rice wine vinegar and sesame oil.
6. Combine everything, toss in vinegar and sesame oil. Top with green onions and sesame seeds.
During this time of sheltering in place and possible ingredient shortage, these items are not "essential" to the recipe (although they make it pretty special if you have them). You could use garlic and onion powder and any hot sauce that you have as substitutes. Also topping with chopped cilantro would be delicious.