Best (grain free) Blueberry, "buckwheat" Banana Pancake
These are really the best bang for your (macronutrient) buck pancakes! If you are feeling like a hit of carbohydrates but the stack of cakes at the local breakfast place will put you under the table in a sugar coma...then these are the ones for you. AND they are well rounded with fat and protein as well as carbohydrates! The best thing about them is that they are pancakes! Not a pretend pancake or sort of like a pancake but these taste just like buckwheat pancakes. Note? There is no buckwheat in them or any kind of flour for that matter. The whole recipe comes in under 300 calories. Read on...
1 medium banana
1 large egg
1 scoop (1 serving) protein powder of your choice. I used MRM Protein Powder in vanilla, chocolate or matcha!
1/4 cup blueberries (I like smaller, wild blueberries for this recipe)
1 T. coconut oil
pan heated to medium
1. mash the banana in a medium bowl.
2. add egg and whisk into banana
3. add protein powder and stir
4. stir in blueberries
5. add oil to pre-heated pan
6. make pancakes 3 at a time with about 1/4 batter per cake
7. when pancakes bubble, they are ready to flip
8. after the second flip, they are ready in less than a minute
9. continue the process until all of the pancakes are made (made pancakes store better than pancake batter if you save them)
10. Top with extra blueberries and enjoy while they're hot!